meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Jury...


is still out on yesterday's cards/piece. So it's not too late to tell me what you think...

Meanwhile, I'm going back to work. I made up a number of small pieces in the same way as the postcards are constructed, and intend to play with them today. The first of them, 'Flower Girl', is pictured here. It has been on my mind for a long time, that idea of taking a pieced of dyed/painted fabric, cutting it up, stitching and reassembling it in smaller units. Whenever I've focussed on the idea, though, deliberately tried to do such a thing, I've found it impossible to do. Yesterday, focussed on the making of postcards, rather than the making of Fine Art, the latter just blossomed... Sometimes, all you have to do is stop thinking. Or at least, stop thinking about The Idea...just let it take shape as it wants to. And it will.

1 comment:

Micki said...

Marion, I really like this piece. There's something about her that just grabs my attention.