meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

On A Roll...


two more pieces finished today. Yes, okay, they're small pieces, not much bigger than journal pages, but the queue of work waiting is diminishing, and I'm feeling pleased with myself. The first piece I worked on today, I didn't honestly hold out much hope for; it felt disjointed. Now that it's done, I suspect it is one of the best pieces I've made recently, so things can't be too bad! The second is shown in the picture. It, too, felt disjointed when I started to work on it, but I'm reasonably happy with the end result.

At lunchtime, I sat out in the sun, admiring the leaves as they begin to change colour, and rusting some more silk. It'll be interesting to see how it comes out. This is very much a new thing for me, though I do have some cotton that I rusted about five years or so ago...still unused...perhaps I should have added it to the silk today. I'm enjoying spending time on my own, and working with stitch, after all that wandering around. The cats seem happy to have me home too; they twine themselves round my legs whenever possible. This afternoon, Molly came up and interrupted the sewing by the simple expedient of sitting on my lap. And purring. There was method in her madness, however; when I gave up and said, okay, I'm done, she leapt from my lap and down both flights of stairs to the kitchen, where a queue of a distinctly feline variety was waiting. Dinner time it was... and now to think about my own!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely piece of work, I really like the colours. I tried using a machine on Sunday round a friens and it was fun. Looking at this piece it says 'content' to me and I hope you are.
Lynda

Dijanne Cevaal said...

oooooo very nice.....

Sayward said...

That piece is beautiful. The stitchwork compliments the background colours very well.

Anonymous said...

love this. I just keep going back to it over & over, it's luscious.

Unknown said...

I have been missing yournew entries Feedblitz has not been playing.
I really like this piece, gorgeous colour,