meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

What Happens...


when you put two artists in the same house for longer than 24 hours? Why, they make art, don't they! In this case, since the block cutting tools were downstairs, we cut lino blocks, or in Sandy's case, an eraser block. It hasn't been all drinking and eating and opening presents, you know!! Of course we did do all that, not to mention a rousing walk (okay, stroll) on Christmas Day.,,, all went well, Santa was kind to us all, and we're now finishing off the leftover cake (which was in the shape of a Christmas tree) and introducing Sandy to the delights of Lorne Sausage. For some reason, you can't get this delicacy in England...definitely a Scottish only treat... I think she was suitably impressed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive lino block, Marion. I didn't know it could be done so cleanly. I haven't used linoleum, but your example might send me there.

Happpy new year!

Anonymous said...

I hope that was square sausage on a plain loaf (English translation to follow!!).

artmixter said...

I prefer a nice roll on sausage, myself...Robin likes to add brown sauce, but I like it unadulterated... aren't we kind to our guests...!!

Frederique said...

So beautiful!

Ferret said...

I really like this block too, lots of potential. I like the moom paintings as well but this calls to me. Sorry, I did say I don't do art :)