meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

A Whole Bolt...


of cotton poplin arrived yesterday, all 116 metres of it. Overkill? Well, yes, now that you mention it. I'm not really selling cloth any more, so that's enough to keep me going for quite a while... a year or two, perhaps?

The truth of it is, I miss dyeing. I enjoy taking pieces of cloth and changing them completely, from white to multicoloured, from multicoloured to patterned, from patterned to 'complex'. It's an adventure all by itself. Some of the cloth I make, I can't work out what to do with. One piece lay around for about eight years before I used it in Urban Grafitti II, which is bound for the 'From The Heart' exhibit in the US this year. I need some backing cloth for quilts for France this year, so that will be my primary objective this week, I think, but any piece of cloth, the more boring the better, can be used as a springboard for surface design work.

The picture today is the newly bound 'Three Red Suns'. I don't usually do binding, but it seemed appropriate on some of the lutradur pieces. I think it improves the piece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful piece of work.

Digitalgran said...

This is lovely Marion. I never did manage to get any play done today because DH decided it was time we went to look for a new Bathroom suite, but Abakhan our lovely craft and fabric shop was not too far so I went and bought some fabric I did not need as well.