meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr


I had a plan. I have all these lovely photos to share with you. I was going to do that this week. Instead, I've been struggling with a recalcitrant computer, trying to persuade it to switch on at all, so that I could work with the images. On Monday, I call a repair man. It Will Be Fixed. I Will Show You Those Images. So there!

Meanwhile, this is what I was playing with on the last day in Lyon, which we spent basking in a small park near the station. A piece of bark fell off a tree and landed in front of me, so I picked it up. I have a photo of it, surprise surprise, but for the moment, you don't get to see that... this is one of the drawings I made from it, instead. I love to draw. I can sit for hours making marks on paper, exploring what is hidden on that white surface, creating ideas and meaning for myself.

Sadly, the hair dyeing/cloth dyeing experiment will have to wait til the next time I have my hair coloured; just as soon as I took myself and my hair to the hairdresser, it all settled down. I'm pleased, I think... just a somewhat missed opportunity. Sigh. Maybe I'll try getting a life, instead...

3 comments:

Annabel said...

I like your drawing. Lady Mirror Dancing with Broad Bean.

Anonymous said...

Yes, your lady is graceful. Not clear to me whom she's dancing with. I bet the tree was a plane, so typical of it. Plane, plane mais pas morne plaine. Funny your connexion between planes of all feathers and art.
I wish you all the best. Christiane

Dianne said...

I didn't know you like to draw, well your drawing is lovely.. I love tree bark. A Native artist up north, gets birch bark, and finds a picture in the bark and paints on it. Truly amsing stuff..
Hope you comp get all fixed up. Us artist need them these days....