meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Keeping On...and On...and On...


I've been working away again today, finishing small pieces, like 'Celtish II', another version of Celtic inspired imagery and symbolism. I'm getting to like this . I just looked at Jill's blog, Meandering Muse, a new one to me, and found myself really excited by the work she's doing....it's great work, and it looks like FUN... I think I'll head off there any time I need a burst of enthusiasm...

Yesterday evening, I watched television as I ironed innumerable metres of handdye to take to Lyon with me. I'm really excited now, only a couple of days to go until we leave. The To-Do List is getting shorter and shorter, partly because I'm doing lots, but also because I'm scoring things off undone. I decided that there is no point in getting overtired; I want to have fun in Lyon, and for the students in my workshops to have fun too, so I need to conserve lots of energy to make that happen.

Oh, and by the way, I've added a new blog to my repertoire, too... Where Life Meets Art is a sort of continuation of this blog, but with the emphasis on the life, rather than the art. Yes, strange as it might seem, I do have a life outside of making art... there's the family, the cats and all the other odd things and people that make up my life. Besides, it's just the kind of diversion you need when you're up to your eyes in work...another blog....aaaaargh!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Nice work, Marion. And I LOVE the hair!

The Idaho Beauty said...

This one really works for me. Plus, when I looked at the larger version, I noticed that you round the corners when you satin stitch them. Brilliant! I have a journal quilt to finish the edges of, planned to satin stitch but have always stitched to the edge and turned the corner squaring them off and not always well and to my liking. I think this may be the answer I was looking for. Thanks!