meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Back To Work?


Not quite. But tidying up a workspace, in this case, the conservatory (which isn't really supposed to be a workspace, but that's another story...), can bring one to a certain creativity...in this case, a new totem doll. I haven't made one of these in a while, but now that I've started again, I can see that I'll have to take some of the designer scraps I bought in Lyon to make some very soignee dolls indeed...


Higher on the agenda, though, is to work through the ideas that I had in Lyon, which are in part a continuation of my interest in mark making and how we interpret it. I'm fascinated by old walls with marks on them, that tell a story of some kind or another, of an alteration, a removal, a change... La Sucriere, the venue for Expo Magic Quilt, is a former sugar factory, serving well as a performance and art space, but if you look, here and there are marks that show tell stories of its former life. I want to work with those marks, and see what they become in paint and cloth. And, of course, in my imagination...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strathpeffer's been in the news today up here - Legionnaire's Disease in that nice hotel - shame ....