meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Going Away...


allows all kinds of things to happen. You meet all sorts of wonderful people. And for all that I said I didn't take any pictures of art, I did take one, this nude by French artist Sophie Furbeyre (shown with her kind permission). She kindly took me round her exhibit, talking to me about the development of her work, and listened while I did the same with mine. We speculated together about how to use Xpandaprint on lutradur without melting the lutradur. It's always a pleasure to talk art, especially with another artist with similar interests and concerns.

Of course, that's also possible on the blog. I find myself talking to people from all around the world. Sometimes, to my delight, they engage in conversation, though I often can't actually talk back, as the return address is often anonymous. Where I can, though, I will reply, more often than not. It's good to know that there is a network of people across the world engaged in similar work, with similar concerns, and that I'm a tiny part of it. And so are you, reading this...

ps just to complicate matters, the photo is by Sandy Marcoux Mine didn't turn out well enough to publish. Digital cameras are idiotproof, but only if you remember to check the settings before you click...sigh...

1 comment:

Carol said...

Nice photo Marion. I love the colours and shading. Does it have a title?

Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment.