meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

As The Song Says...


you don't know what you got til you lose it. I miss my camera. I want to show you what I've been up to for the past couple of days. It started with painting up silkscreens with thickened dye as per the Breakdown Printing book Then, it continued into painting up some cloth to put behind lutradur. Then I started to print with the thickened dye. It's been a busy couple of days. But I can't, as the cloth is batching and can't be put on the scanner...so you'll just have to wait until I get my new camera, which I've ordered and should arrive next week.

Yesterday, I had to take the car into the garage, and thought I'd go sit with some paintings; CAN (Contemporary Art Norwich) is on at the moment, and there's lots to choose from. When it came down to it, though, the weather was just too good for sitting inside, and I just didn't want to, so I skived. I went off to Waterstones the Bookseller and bought a copy of 'Old MacDonald Had A Farm' to go with the kiddiequilt I made for my friends' new baby, and a couple of other things (as you do...), had a cup of coffee and then headed out into the sun. I sat and basked for a while, reading the book I'd brought with me, and then started to draw. Until someone came and borrowed my pen, and then I just basked some more... and had ideas...and basked... and got my pen back...and basked...you get the drift! And there's a page of my sketchbook, just to prove that I did do the occasional sketch...

More painting today, I think, but on board and canvas, rather than cloth. All the windows in the upstairs studio are open, and I think I'll go find the big box fan. It's another beautiful day, but I can't really be bothered lugging all my kit down two flights of stairs and out into the garden, so I'll happily work inside, with views across the fields, cool drinks and the occasional phone call, doubtless... I can't think of a better way of spending time.

3 comments:

Digitalgran said...

I love the sketch you did, mine all seem to get too fussy. That was not very thoughtful of someone wanting to borrow an artists only pencil was it?

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

What a blissfully relaxing day. Have fun today too......
Best wishes
Maggie

Arashi said...

I know about losing things. I found my glasses in the fridge this morning. Why I put them there I hagen't the foggiest. I envy you your day.