meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Other Peoples' Art...


is something I usually look at, admire, occasionally lust after but rarely bring home. I made an exception for this lovely fairy, who now keeps me company next to the printer (she kept falling off the desk...). She was made by artist Kate Whitmore, and I found her at Lavenham Comtemporary, surrounded by an exhibit of Paul Evans' landscapes, which you can go look at by clicking the gallery name. (I'm showing her picture with the gallery's consent, incidentally). The landscapes are beautiful, and you'll see that Paul's shoes are even more paint encrusted than mine... I ruined a perfectly good Ecos with paint and dye...Must Do Better...

Yes, I could have made her myself...but that really wasn't the point. Everyone deserves an indulgence now and again, and she was mine. I haven't named her, yet, but doubtless Something Will Come To Me... She has made me think about making more totem dolls...but right now, I'm finishing off pieces that have been lying about for a while, and waiting for the handdyes I made this morning to finish their final wash. And so to ironing...sigh...

3 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

lovely figure , do you have contact info for the artist at all? I did google but no success.
You should get back to your totem figures they are so full of energy

Purple Missus said...

Yes, I can so understand the appeal here.
I also agree with the above,you should get back to your totem figures, they are always very expressive. (Which doesn't sound like the right word to use - but I know what I mean *LOL*)

artmixter said...

Sorry, I don't have any contact details for the artist; you might try contacting the gallery direct.