meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

You Can Always Tell...


when I'm struggling with depression; I go very quiet. Don't say much, either online or in person. I got up today and decided to sew, and feel the better for it...a picture when it's finished, an evolon piece I started ages ago, before Lyon, and that has been sitting around waiting for me to feel like it. Well, I didn't feel like it, but I did it anyway, and it has emerged that rather than wanting to be a rose garden, it wanted to be 'Mixed Mythologies'. Yesterday was a day for discharge dyeing, some interesting results, and for playing with the embellisher; Tango is one of the results. It's now waiting to tell me if it wants stitch or not. It's simply made; a drawing of dyed wool tops (thanks, Carol, for the brown...) on mauvey coloured felt. Never thought I'd use mauve...just goes to show, you should never say never...or think it, either...it just comes back to haunt you later!

Incidentally, I speak a number of languages (quietly or otherwise!). French, Russian, some German, English of course...but above all, I speak Cloth. As do we all, of course. So if you're struggling with my English, from one of these other languages, it might be worth emailing me for an explanation...my computer doesn't speak Russian, but I do, and I'm good at paraphrasing...

4 comments:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Wonderful.... I often think cloth speaks for itself and is a form of communication that does not always need translation. I think that is part of the inspiration to international blogging about art, and why blogs should be full of photos or illustrations as well as words. Great idea to offer to translate into different languages.
Best Wishes
Maggie

Julie said...

Well done for stitching when you didn't really feel like it. It is difficult to work when you're down or exhausted but sometimes it has a therapeutic effect . The first step is sometimes the hardest as they say - and as I know from my own experience.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

That will be fun trying to change your keyboard!

neki desu said...

me too.
i speak italian, catalan, english and spanish, french, some portuguese, some japanese.
but above all i speak textiles. and i am from wherever there are textiles.
best,
neki desu