meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Never...

dye when you're tired. Especially if you want to be very careful, and keep colours separate, because you're dyeing single colours for a particular purpose. What happens? Oh, the usual. Spill cerulean blue over your hand instead of into the container it was meant for. And on the floor. Ditto, orange. Splash the damp fabric that's waiting to be dyed with a colour you never meant to use... Put orange into the mix that was supposed to be purple...

Anyway, it's done now, and I'm going upstairs for a nap, accompanied by a new book, 'Magical Secrets About Thinking Creatively : The Art of Etching and the Truth of Life'. Well, that promises much. And, flicking through it, it is possibly one of the most beautiful books I've seen in a long time. And it's got a DVD, and a website all of its own. Never let it be said I don't share anything with you!!!

But first, I'm going to add the soda ash. Otherwise, I suspect I'll be washing out the dye whether I like it or not...given the way today is going. Sigh.

3 comments:

kittyd said...

Oh no Marion, I've had one or two of "those" days before. By the way, that book sounds intriguing! :)
Kitty
http://kittyd.etsy.com

verobirdie said...

Poor Marion! It must be frustrating, espacially when dying!
I've learnt to recognize the first signs of tiredness when I'm doing textile art, and I leave it where it is and grab a cup of tea. Just like now :-) On the moment, I feel like I'm wasting time, but at the end, I gain some since I don't have to undo what I would have done.
Tell us of that book when you're finished. I too am intrigued.

Anonymous said...

I've just borrowed exactly the same book out of the art school's library! It is a woderful book - I'm half way through it already today and the illustrations are inspiring - a real treat.
Lynda