meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Friday, January 11, 2008

Gallivanting...


off to see Sally tomorrow, back on Monday with piles of fabric, I hope...I expect... Farnham Maltings hosts an annual sale of quilting fabric, and I'm told it's wonderful. I'm hoping to come back to an insulated shudio, as Robin is staying here with cats and two rolls of insulation. So today, I shall do a bit of housekeeping, a bit of packing and perhaps a bit of sewing... I feel a doll coming on!

I don't feel too bad about it all...I spent yesterday and the day before working with acrylics on paper, and have some interesting results, like the one above. I'd like to make more of these on a much larger scale (these are 10" by 14"/25cm by 36cm), though I think mounted and framed, these will be interesting to look at. As always, all feedback welcome!

Hope you all have as good a weekend as I know I'm going to have!

4 comments:

Olga Norris said...

Thank you for the award. I hope that you have a good time at the Maltings and come away with goodies and inspiration.

Jean Levert Hood said...

I really like this piece, Marion. The colors really zing!


www.JeansArtBlog.com

Julie said...

The gold/orange and blue work well together Marion. Hope you have a great time with all the fabric!

decadentdiamond said...

Love the colour combination! Your work made me think of Mark Rothko. (minus the block effect he does/did?)

What do you think of when you paint those?