meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Friday, February 08, 2008

Washi


is wonderful stuff. My friend Jill went to a workshop on using washi paper recently, and shared her tiny stash of the (very expensive, hard to find) glorious stuff. And here's what we did with it, or at least part of what we did; fragments of washi added to a washi base, and covered with nylon net. I suspect it'll be clearer if you click on the image to enlarge it. I plan to add some stitch to this.
For myself, I thought I'd use it to make hand bound books, together with some textile and stitch. Not sure what Jill will use it for, but she's doing an MA in Textile Culture, so doubtless will find somewhere to fit it in there... It's a joy, having a textile buddy who lives a very short drive away.

1 comment:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Marion, I did enlarge the picture, and yes, that is some gorgeous paper! I can't wait to see what your finished piece will be with this.