meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fewer Circles...



slower running, and some completed work. As well as an Evolon piece, which I'll show you another time, I finished the Texture of Memory piece I was talking about yesterday. Though I may contemplate adding some text to the top layer; right now, though, I'm not sure what to say. Or even whether to say... Perhaps that is another piece in the series...?

As you can see, I've quilted, and added some heavier yarns to the surface, as well as adding a beautiful little glass button which was a gift from friends on Etsy who make wonderful glass and fabulous jewellery. Their shop is here, Gimme Beads (oh believe me, Mike and Madelaine can gimme as many beads as they like... I'll even pay for 'em!). A second little piece of their glass is on the evolon piece.

I've always wanted to use glass in my work; I recently commissioned another piece of dichroic glass from an Etsy friend, Eileen, AKA Chauncey of Chauncey Design, whose work is amazing. I intended using it in a textile piece, but it is so wonderful that I'm keeping it for myself and using it as an inspiration piece, instead. You can see a picture of it here. Joining Etsy has been inspirational at all sorts of levels!

9 comments:

Night Sky said...

I love your article on Mike and Chauncey! And wow! I'm crazy about the piece you got from Chauncey, no wonder you decided to keep it for yourself!

Anonymous said...

Great work Marion. Very nicely done mentioning
Chauncy and Mike. I would keep the piece for myself too !!

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Oh my goodness!!! this turned out fabulous!!! I love it with the stitching all done and the MM glass is the perfect finishing touch!! Lovely!

Rose said...

Great post, really cool the way you worked in Chauncey and Mike, and I agree Etsy is inspiring!!

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful, Marion!!

Chauncey said...

Texture of Memory is beautiful. Your choice of colors is always a delight. And Mike's piece fits perfect.

And thanks so much for the big shout out. I'm lucky to have made such wonderful and inspiring friends here!

Julie said...

I like this piece Marion, the bead is beautiful and what a gorgeous piece of dichroic glass. I don't think you need any text over the top imho.

Jill said...

Great post, Marion, and lovely work. It's fun to have inspiring friends!

Kelli said...

I love your use of colour and the variety of texture. Very beautiful.