meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Having A Good Time...


working with the lutradur I coloured whilst demonstrating at Festival of Quilts. The more I work with both lutradur and evolon, the more I discover, which is a great thing. I love to learn new things, it's an important part of what I do. This piece was made just before FOQ, some of you may have seen it on the stall. It's a piece of light lutradur, hand dyed in pinks, turquoises and greens, over a monoprint. The piece is called 'In The Trees', and the quilting emphasises some of the marks that lie beneath the lutradur surface. Some of them, though, have been left as marks; see if you can see them. There are close up shots here

I'm going to be away this weekend, spending some time with my sister and her family, and that, too, will be having a good time! We're going to Alton Towers, complete with small fry. I've never been; expect some new work around play and funfairs when I get back!

4 comments:

Bluesaphire said...

i agree about the learning as you work and this is beautiful i love the subtle colours :)

NuvoFelt said...

Please have a look at todays post on my blog! You have an award.
http://nuvofelt.blogspot.com/

Linda Walsh said...

Good morning, Marion:

I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog and gave your blog an award on my Linda's Blog today.

Thanks for always inspiring me.

Have a wonderful day.

Linda

Anonymous said...

My Daniel wants to learn about your work for school, he thinks its cool. Need some advice please.