meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Friday, February 20, 2009

Quilted Gardens


I haven't made a 'Healer's Garden' quilt in a long time, so when I suggested to another artist on twitter that we trade work, I thought I would make one for her, and here it is, prior to the quilting. I'm really enjoying working with the odd bit of commercial fabric, which is just as well, given that I now have quite a bit of it! I'm still looking for quirky fabric, though, if anyone wants to suggest where I could find such an animal... cloth with attitude, like the piece of fabric I made Kiss My Cow with.

Now, though, I'm going to spend quite a bit of time focussing on Evolon, as I plan to have a book written and published by 1 August, just in time for Festival Of Quilts, where I'm teaching this year. And yes, that'll be classes on lutradur and evolon, what a surprise! If anyone else is working with Evolon at the moment, I would love to hear about it, you can contact me on email via the blog; I'm particularly looking for interesting images for my gallery section. Let me know if you have work you might like to have included, and we'll take it from there.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Lovely, that is. Your friend will enjoy it I am sure.

Unknown said...

Artmixter has been included in this weeks A Sunday Drive on AsTheCrackerheadCrumbles. I hope this helps to attract even more new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2009/02/sunday-drive_22.html

Judy said...

Marion,

What a delightful quilt I envy the recipient.