Saturday, April 11, 2009
is very straightforward with Lutradur, which is part of the reason I love it so much! I've had this quilt lying around my workshop for some time. I was happy with it, but felt something was missing, somehow. So out came the lutradur, and I dyed several pieces to use with it. The piece I show here is the finished version, with the original version below it.
For those of us who love technical detail, the original quilt is made from painted evolon. The lutradur is the lightweight version, which has been transfer dyed, stitching added around the blue motifs, and fused round the edges. I then cut round the painted motifs to expose the strong blue contrast colour underneath. I think it's a much more interesting piece now than it was, and I'd be interested to hear what you think.
I'm not just altering quilts, though. As I update the images in the Lovely Lutradur book (which will be going to the printer this month), I found that I had accidentally deleted the images for the 'altered quilts' section. I've looked everywhere, to see if I had others, but no... so images like these, showing the different options I considered, will be in the printed edition of Lovely Lutradur. The project itself won't change, of course, as the techniques are still the same. And yes, I'm more than a bit embarrassed to have to confess it all, but I won't get caught like that again!