meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Out And About...


on a sunny Autumn day, I met this quilt, which is being raffled for charity during the Shipdham Quilters show. It is dedicated to the memory of Enid, one of the members of the group, who was tragically killed in an accident. The cloth came from her stash, and the quilt features blocks she had made or part made, the whole thing completed by members of the group. And 'Enid's Corner' is full of her needlework, which ranges from quilting to lace working, complete with pillow. She is much missed, but her work lives on, and her stash is being used to raise money for her favourite charities. If you are anywhere near Shipdham, in Norfolk (near Dereham), and are interested in quilting, do go along (it's in the church, all weekend). The work ranges from traditional to contemporary, the standard of workmanship is very high and there are bargains to be had on the sales table (cloth and hand made items). I forgot to buy a raffle ticket for the quilt (oops), but did buy a couple for the Bag Raffle, featuring a whole selection of hand made bags. I personally hope I win the lovely felted bag with the beaded button feature... fingers crossed!

I also popped into the Gallery to collect a frame that I had customised... but more of that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Marion, what a small world! I knew Enid from when I worked at Letton Hall after I finished university... I knew she had been killed as her son emailed me... She was so lovely. I went to lace making classes with her and she gave me her spare lace pillow...

artmixter said...

Goodness! A small world, indeed.