meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Friday, October 07, 2011

Totems


I haven't made a doll in a while, but recently made several; one of them features in this image, standing in front of a large oil painting. Now the gardeners working in my garden are under strict instructions not to throw away sticks that might make good Totem Dolls. I seem to be doing a lot of things that I haven't done in a while, recently. Knitting, for instance, three scarves down, who knows how many to go... flower arranging (just bought a lovely glittery basket in a charity shop for £1, someone will be getting an arrangement for Christmas...)... baking (the caramel shortcake with white chocolate is particularly yummy). I've even done some housework! Domestic goddess status surely must be bestowed soon...

Above all, I'm having fun. I think we sometimes forget that all this making stuff is supposed to be fun, too. Joseph Campbell called it 'following your bliss'. I call it joyful. We're both right.Now, what could you do to bring a bit of joy into your life, right now?

1 comment:

Bossymamma said...

So glad you're having fun, Marion.