meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

An Oriental Diversion...



Well, I'm easily distracted.  This piece had been kicking around my studio for ages, without the hand stitch.  As you can see...it now has Quite A Bit of hand stitching... my current obsession.  Sadly, I don't have a before photo to go with the after, so you'll have to take my word on it that it looks Much Better.  The piece was made from a piece of my hand dye, with scraps of a commercial batik added.  The circle has some foiling round it ; as always, glitzy bits don't show up well here...but never mind.


I particularly like the back, though.  It is hand dyed cotton velvet, and the stitch shows up beautifully against it.

Problem is, it looks better shown this way from the back and the other way from the front.  In theory, a box frame you could look through from both front and back would be the answer; in practice, I think I'll have to choose...


No comments: