meta name="p:domain_verify" content="c874e4ecbd59f91b5d5f901dc03e5f82"/>

Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

This Clearout...



means that I'm finding all sorts of things that I'd put aside.  At first glance, this rust dyed piece looked complete; closer inspection, however, told me that I Really Don't Like the stitching.  I'm mostly allergic to frog stitch, but I think, given that the rusted areas are interesting, I'll take out at least some of the stitching, and replace it with... I know not what, yet, but I'll think of something.  The larger stitches definitely need to come out;  I can't make up my mind about the smaller ones.  They are the wrong colour, I think... but better, perhaps, or at least, simpler to stitch over them in a more appropriate colour.  Of course, if that doesn't work, it'll be Even More Stitches to take out...but I'm game to try, because I think it will be okay.

Here's a close up of that bottom element, which I like a lot.



Remember yesterday's pieces?  Well, I decided to try the blue one in a mount, and have decided not to touch it.  It's called 'Rock Fall', and I'm fairly pleased.



1 comment:

Karen Platt said...

knowing when to leave, when to change, when to do more - that's an art in itself. I like both pieces.